Here is the newest painting in the 12 Series Mini Commissions, Levitation.
Not only is this one of the 12, it also acts as a study for a larger work in the future.
12″ x 4.5″ . Oil on Canson Paper.
Howdy SciFi Art Fans!
I’d like to announce the beginning of the Ankaris 12 Series Mini Commissions.
Mini Commissions are small, 12″ x 4.8″ (30cm x 12cm) limited edition original oil paintings of select images from my portfolio. The idea is to create affordable art for people who want an original painting as an alternative to a giclée print.
Price $195 AU inc shipping.
• Painted within one or two sessions so they remain dynamic and spontaneous.
• Painted on Canson oil painting paper which is a nice 290gsm, textured paper designed for acrylics and oils.
• Each image will be limited to 12.
• There will be 12 images to choose from.
• The painting is signed on the front and signed, dated and numbered on the reverse side.
• The final painting will be shipped in a tube.
• Three of the images will be brand new to my portfolio and a chance to explore and develop the images during the course of this series.
How does this work?
1. You select an image from the list on the Mini Commissions Page.
2. Select how many of each image you want (This is limited to two paintings per image per order).
3. Pay via Paypal/credit card (If you prefer direct transfer, please contact me for details).
Each and every time I paint a particular image, it’s going to be different, unique, no two paintings will be the same. Depending on the day, I may even deviate from the basic underlying image and try something new, not radically different, but different enough. I may throw in a surprise or two!
For those who want something smaller for their office cubicle, bedroom, desk or simply as a gift, here’s your chance to own an original scifi oil painting!
Below are some pics of the basic process I apply towards making these small paintings. The painting shown here is number 1 of 12 and the first of the series.
The Canson oil painting paper with that great texture.
I seal the paper with an acrylic medium to lock in the drawing and add an additional layer to protect the paper from the oils.
The final mini painting.
And here are some close up detail scans of the final painting.
Thanks for letting me share this, enjoy the painting and I look forward to painting something mini for you!