RMIT Scifi Portfolio made with Photoshop v2..
Just got the wordpress app for my iPhone.. Thought I would add an entry and see if I could bear using it over the next two weeks on the 3G network!
I’m off on break, to paint around Culburra, NSW, from Tuesday. So no computer but iPhone will travel. I have access to twitter, this blog, linkedin and email.. and safari..
You know it’s only a matter of time before this stuff is all an implant. Won’t need a computer/iPhone! As a kid I never imagined in my wildest dreams that I would have access to such technology, and we take it for granted, it’s so ‘ho hum’.. We even bitch about it!
So ends my ponderings for now and this wordpress on iPhone test.. With attached pic for the hell of it!
Here are some more images that I created in my 2nd year at RMIT. Each of these incorporated some sort of special effect, photographic effect or trickery. No lith composites here, these were earlier than that..
This was a forced perspective shot, the model is sitting on a triangle shaped piece of perspex, which is also lit from below. The lights in the side ‘buildings’ were created by scratching away the film emulsion.
This weird ‘air plant’ was shot under water. I had a clear perspex tank built, with rounded corners at the back so I had a continuous bg. Filled it with water and a touch of milk, covered the top with card that had holes in it and stuck a spot light on it.
The floating crystal! Mini die cast soldiers, cheap model, and not enough smoke!
And my Steampunk Snapper! Genetic engineering gone wild? Not really, just a fish from the market, frozen and thick aluminum sheeting nailed into it’s frozen body. I had to constantly keep freezing it as it would start to thaw out, I’d be hammering away and ‘squish’… time for the fridge again! Then I stunk out the entire 2nd year studio the following day. That hole in the side of its body does have a small pea bulb light illuminating the gears.. and I took out the other eye to get a second pea bulb in behind the remaining eye!
Variations on the theme of last post.. I couldn’t quite get perfect comps using this optical process, could have been my dodgy carpeted bedroom – makes for a bad studio – or that I was using an on-camera flash head – hand held – to expose the lith film in the laundry, may have all had something to do with the misalignment of the two elements. Still, I managed..