RMIT Studio Photography, 2nd year..

Here are some more images that I created in my 2nd year at RMIT. Each of these incorporated some sort of special effect, photographic effect or trickery. No lith composites here, these were earlier than that..

This was a forced perspective shot, the model is sitting on a triangle shaped piece of perspex, which is also lit from below. The lights in the side ‘buildings’ were created by scratching away the film emulsion.

This was a forced perspective shot, the model is sitting on a triangle shapped piece of perspex, which is also lit from below. The lights in the side 'buildings' were created by scratching away the film emulsion.

This weird ‘air plant’ was shot under water. I had a clear perspex tank built, with rounded corners at the back so I had a continuous bg. Filled it with water and a touch of milk, covered the top with card that had holes in it and stuck a spot light on it.

This weird 'air plant' was shot under water. I had a clear perspex tank built, with rounded corners at the back so I had a continuous bg. Filled it with water and a touch of milk, covered the top with card that had holes in it and stuck a spot light on it.

How I stopped it from floating to the top!
How I stopped it from floating to the top!

The floating crystal! Mini die cast soldiers, cheap model, and not enough smoke!

The floating crystal! Mini die cast soldiers, cheap model, and not enough smoke!

And my Steampunk Snapper! Genetic engineering gone wild? Not really, just a fish from the market, frozen and thick aluminum sheeting nailed into it’s frozen body. I had to constantly keep freezing it as it would start to thaw out, I’d be hammering away and ‘squish’… time for the fridge again! Then I stunk out the entire 2nd year studio the following day. That hole in the side of its body does have a small pea bulb light illuminating the gears.. and I took out the other eye to get a second pea bulb in behind the remaining eye!

Genetic engineering gone wild! Not really, just a fish from the market, frozen and thick aluminium sheeting nailed into it's frozen body. I had to constantly keep freezing it as it would start to thaw out, I'd be hammering away and 'squish'... time for the fridge again! Then I stunk out the entire 2nd year studio the following day.

One comment

Leave a Reply